Magewell USB Capture HDMI Gen 2
HDMI Capture with a standard USB port
The Magewell USB Capture HDMI Gen 2 Video Capture Dongle is currently our best seller. This tiny little dongle does the job that once required a desktop computer. Now you can take this out with your laptop and encode HD video at resolutions up to 2048x2160 using USB. This capture dongle has true plug and play functionality and does not require additional drivers to be installed. It will also work when connected to a USB2 port albeit at a lower quality due to the transfer speeds.
The HDMI capture dongle can be used for all sorts of applications. It is great for demonstrations and is so small and light that sometimes we take it with a laptop for encoding live streams from a GoPro. Most of our customers use it for simply recording the output which would normally have gone to a TV screen. Now you can do both with the USB Capture HDMI Plus which provides a through port. This is especially useful for gamers streaming to Twitch or YouTube.
Easy to Use
- No need to install drivers in Windows, Linux, Mac and Chrome OS , real plug and play.
- Automatically determine the input video.
- Automatically determine the input audio.
The Magewell USB Capture HDMI uses default drivers so works with all the major video software including Flash Media Live Encoder, Wirecast, VLC, VidBlaster, OBS, VidBlaster, Skype, Google Hangouts and any other DirectShow based software. It will auto detect your HDMI signal allowing you to quickly and easily change sources from cameras to games consoles or whatever video capture device you have.
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10/
- Window Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Server 2016 (x86 & x64)
- OS X 10.9/10.10/10.11
- macOS 10.12 and above
- Chrome OS
- Linux Ubuntu 12.04/14.04/16.04/17.04/17.10/18.04 (x86 & x64)
- Linux CentOS 6.5/7 (x86 & x64)
- Linux Fedora 25/26/27 (x86 & x64)
- Linux Red hat 6.5 and above (x86 & x64)
Excellent Video Processing
- Support up to 2048x2160 Video Input
- Frame rates up to 120 fps (requires USB )
Flexible and Friendly Features
- Connect multiple dongles to one machine
- Enable the up/down conversion of video resolution, frame rate and audio sampling rate
- Support brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and other screen adjustment functions
- The HDMI video capture meets UVC standard, support YUV 4:2:2 (YUY2) or RGB 4:4:4 (RGB24) video output
- The HDMI video capture meets UAC standard and 48KHz PCM stereo audio output
- The video processing engine can be updated via firmware without changing the hardware.
- Automatically detect and de-interlace signals
See it in use